Financial support: European Commission
Budget: 12.600 EUR
Goal of the project:
“Access to justice in Macedonia” will contribute to the improvement of the system for protection of human rights in the country, through enforcement of the pro bono system and establishing the weaknesses of the implementation. Specific goals of the project are to support the NGOs in the provision of free legal aid, in order to have a consistent judicial practice for the improvement of the access to justice, as well as following the implementation of the Law for free legal aid through production and independent opinion.
– Building capacities of the NGOs in order to provide free legal aid;
– Legal aid in cases of refused requests for free legal aid;
– Following the implementation of the Law for free legal aid;
– Following court cases with approved free legal aid;
– Development of an advocacy strategy for improvement of the Law for free legal aid;
– Raising awareness about free legal aid.