Terms of References
For procurement of expert service for preparation of market analysis and preparation of a business planfor NRC social enterprise (B.L 188.8.131.52.4)under the project No. P9410“Organizational development of NRC and improved employability and entrepreneurship skills of Roma people, especially women and youth”
The project “Organizational development of NRC and improved employability and entrepreneurship skills of Roma people, especially women and youth”, supported by We Effect started in May 2021.
The project objective is ”Providing support in rural development especially for poor members of the communities in the selected market systems so that local communities are resilient and sustainable.” The project with be based on two outcomes, first being focused on implementation of MSD based pilot interventions. The second outcomes is ”Increased organizational capacities and financial sustainability of NRC”.
NRC will work onpreparation of market analysis and preparation of a business planfor NRC social enterprise.
According to the project documents, the engagement will be preparation of market analysis and preparation of a business planfor NRC social enterprise, 8 days during themonths February -March 2022.
II.Objective of the assignment
The engagement of the expertincludes
(a) following services:
a1.Communication with the project team of the National Roma Centrum as a direct beneficiary of the expert support for the social enterprise “Hygiene Plus” which is developing to provide cleaning services;
a2.Preparation of market analysis for the development needs of the social enterprise Higiena Plus in Kumanovo
а3. Preparation of a business plan for development of the social enterprise “Higiena Plus” at NRC Kumanovo for a period of three years 2022-2024;
a4. For this activity is provided an engagement of 8 working days
a5. Preparation and delivery of activity report and time sheet (in English), 5 days after the engagement is finished
a6. Acceptance and respect of the principles and ethic values of the NRC
a7. Communication and cooperation with all participants in the project
The engagement of theexpert includes
(b) following deliverables:
b1. Prepared market analysis for the industry context and development needs of the social enterprise Higiena Plus in Kumanovo
b2.Preparedbusiness planfor development of the social enterprise “Higiena Plus” at NRC Kumanovo for a period of three years 2022-2024;
b2. Activity report in English (delivered 5 days after finishing the engagement tasks)
b3. Time sheet (delivered 5 days after finishing the engagement tasks)
Expected duration of assignment is 8 days in February -March 2022.
III. Duty travel &accommodation
There are no related costs for duty travel and accommodation.
IV. Coordination& reporting
Contact point/responsible person for the assignment are
- Co-facilitator from NRC
- Organizational Development Coordinator from NRC.
The assignment includespreparation of market analysis and preparation of a business planfor NRC social enterprise.
The engaged expert will report once after finishing of the assignment with activity report in English and time sheet.
V. Qualification requirements
Quantitative and qualitative criteria upon which offers will be evaluated are:
- At least bachelor degree;
- Minimum 3 years of documented work experience in the preparation of at least 3 market analyzes and business plans for business entities and / or civil associations that have established a social enterprise (cooperation agreement, a sample of a prepared market analysis and / or business plan);
- Knowledge of national documents as well as strategic documents related to social entrepreneurship,
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office and secured internet access;
- Digital literacy in modern communication tools (Zoom, BlueJeans).
VI. Application procedure:
Deadline for submission of offers is 18.02.2022 until 16:00 p.m.
Offers should be submitted on the following e-mails: [email protected] and [email protected].
Offer should contain following documents:
- Work biography
- Copy of graduate diploma
- Letter of interest with short description about relevant knowledge and experience for this call
- At least3examples of previous work in similar tasks in last 5 years
- Proposed methodology for preparation of market analysis and business plan for the social enterprise
- Current status scanned in original not older than 6 months if the applicant is legal entity
- Offered gross price per day in Macedonian denars (travel costs included)
VII. Evaluation of the offers
Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline for submission will not be taken into consideration.
Best value for money principle will be taken into account by using a weighted scoring method to evaluate the combination of the applicants’ qualification (80%) and financial proposal (20%).
When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract will be made to the bidder whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
· Responsive/compliant/acceptable, and
· Having received the highest combined score out of a weighted technical and financial evaluation specific to the solicitation
1. Technical evaluation (80%)
The technical evaluation of the received offers will consist of:
· Evaluation of professional experience (relevance of50%)
· Evaluation of proposed methodologyfor preparation of market analysis and business plan(relevance of 20%)
· Evaluation of formal education (relevance of 10%)
2. Financial evaluation (20%)
The evaluation of the financial offers will be conducted in the following manner:
· The offer with the lowest price shall receive the total of 20 points
· The other offers with higher prices shall receive the respective score according to the following formula: 20* (Lowest Price / Proposed Price).
VIII. Terms of payment
NRCwill sign a contract with the selected applicant. The payment will be made by NRC in two installments: first installment of 30% of the total gross amount of the offered and accepted price after concluding the contract and second installment of 70% of the total gross amount after completion of engagement and approval of the submitted report and time sheet.
IX. Declaration of relationships
The Applicant shall describe if their organization/employees have any business or personal relationships with closely associated party from We Effect, its Regional Office in Skopje, its governing bodies and employees or with similar bodies/persons of NRC.
Closely associated party (persons, physical or legal) as per We Effect’s definition is considered person who has the possibility to exert control over, or significant influence on, the other person when it comes to financial and operative decision-making concerning an activity. The purpose of the Declaration is to disclose such information which makes the application and evaluation process more transparent and supports the bids in its relevance according to conditions on the open market.